Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thank God for Long Weekends

This last weekend was a "long" weekend which I definitely needed and LOVED. I have a few projects on the go and finally I could get down to business on them. I finished block 2 (pumpkins) for JP's Favorite Things and I also finished JP's Untitled Block 1 of the Mom & Me Quilt (a quilt my mom and I are working on together). I cut out the block 3 of each quilt yesterday, pictures will be posted soon.

The pumpkins were a pain in the rump because the moon shapes were tough to get right. I had a lot of trouble with getting the tips "pointy". I still can't believe they were harder than the stars.



The untitled block was way easier to sew and applique. It is a combination of a pieced flower pot with an appliqued flower. There were several layers on top of each other that made it hard to get the needle through and the center of the applique flower was the smallest piece I have worked with to date. I thought the block turned out really well except for one spot where the points don't line up...I will give you a hint-it is on the right column!


I just basted it on
                                               
I also got some cooking in amid all the sewing. I made a seared Ahi tuna salad, BBQ roast beef supper and a Potato & Leek Soup from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I thought the soup was fantastic but could have used more bacon-you can never have too much bacon in a soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment