Tuesday, November 30, 2010

From Snow to Sand and Back Again...

Last week, I was off to my cousin's destination wedding in Mexico. I stayed at the Grand Palladium White Sands Resort, about 2 hours drive from Cancun. I took some hand applique with but I got absolutely ZERO work done on it. It was just to hot and humid to sit there and sew plus the pieces would have been so soggy. I thought I would have some new quilting photos to share but I will just post a couple pics from the trip instead!

salt water pool 
The pool- many hours spent here
 Coati
So Cute! I had to give her lots of chips!

the beach + bar

Cheers,
Sylv

4 comments:

  1. Nice break from snow. Thanks for sharing the pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome break from cold weather!
    I've used the same excuse before for not sewing somewhere where it is hot and humid...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard the weather was brutal last week.

    Yeah, you definitely can't sew when you have two drinks in your hand at the swim up bar! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sylvs. Welcome to Australia Block Swap. I am looking forward to swapping with you.
    Just read your posts and you have done some lovely work. Great applique work.
    I have become a follower.
    http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com
    Would love you to visit and follow.

    ReplyDelete