Friday, November 5, 2010

Nine-Patch in Border Quilt Top

    I have been slowly poking away at this quilt for the last few months. It's a Christmas present for _______ (it's a secret!) and I thought I better get going on this or I won't get it done in time. Who wants to be up until 4 am on Christmas Eve trying to finish a quilt? Last night, I put the two different borders on. I think there is an actual measurement error in the pattern. Each nine-patch border block was supposed to be 8 " square, however, mine ended up being 7-3/4" ish. The strips were almost too long for the center portion of the quilt and I also had 40- two inch squares leftover. I am a little confused. 


   Can you spot where I was obviously watching T.V. and not paying attention while pinning rows together to sew? That's right.... there are 3 blue squares in a row! 



   Just a quick question. Any ideas on how I should quilt this? Should I use diagonal straight lines or stipple/meandering? I would love to hear your ideas.


Cheers,
Sylvs

2 comments:

  1. I love your choice of colors and three blue in a row is fine. As for quilting ... I am a hand quilter so in-the-ditch is often my first plan. I know there are a lot of ideas out there. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will roll with your idea. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete