Monday, December 6, 2010

Block Swap

I joined my very first block swap. It is called the "Quilting Block Swaps Australia". The block swap is organized by a nice lady named Sue (in Australia!) who partners you every month with a quilting buddy. Once you know your quilting buddy's preferences, you make them a 12.5" unfinished block and send it to them.

After finally conquering the stomach flu last week, I got back to quilting this weekend. My December quilting buddy is Beth and she requested a "shabby chic" block (which I had to Google lol). I will be putting it in the post this afternoon; I really hope she likes the block and the fabric. Here is a teaser...



Yesterday in the midst of finishing the above block, I totally got distracted and started making a place mat out of 1.5" squares that I have been saving. I was in a hurry to iron it, and as you can tell, they are not very straight. 



Bye for now,
Sylvs

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Quilting Block Swap Australia. I joined them only last month and it has been fun.
    I had to google for shabby chic too.
    Maybe one of these days we will be partners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I also had no idea (I guess I am too new yet).

    That would be awesome. I am curious of the different fabrics you have in the UK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia,
    I think you are very daring to join a Block Swap. I wouldn't know where to begin.
    We once passed out a feature fabric to our group members and had each member make 12 blocks using that fabric plus their own addition. We got to choose what block we made. It was amazing to see what other members of the group did with those blocks. Swapping with someone you don't know might be a lot harder.
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm waiting to see what you get in return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie,

    I agree with you. It is going to be tricky. I actually emailed my quilting buddy with a few fabric ideas so hopefully she likes it. Fingers crossed! It was by complete chance that I actually had any "shabby chic" fabric. The local store has an annual sale where scraps from all the projects during the year are bundled up and sold for $5. Thank goodness for this!

    I will for sure post a picture of what I get. I am very excited.

    Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
    Cheer,
    Sylv

    ReplyDelete