Saturday, January 8, 2011

Today's Forecast: BLIZZARD!

..."Seriously, I am not going outside!" I have spent most of today working on my Orange Peel and Aussie Block Swap.  


 My swap partner for January is Cathy and she requested a surprise block of harvest colors or purples. I ended up botching the harvest block. I tried to remake it twice and in the end I didn't have any more harvest-colored fabric left. It was a very frustrating morning but with a 1/2 a pot of coffee I got back on track. So Cathy- you are getting a purple block!!!  


It seems a tad bit darker than it really is.

For my Orange Peel, I am having a hard time deciding what color binding to go with. Should I stick with the same teal as the outer border or go with the inner black border color? 




Bye for now,
Sylv's

4 comments:

  1. Good plan. Don't go out!
    Binding? How brave of you to ask. What if everyone has a different opinion? I think I would use one of the inner colors, either dark oe light rather than the teal But then, the teal is a lovely shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, don't go out.. I am stuck in my house, while my hubby is out plowing out the Cows... You know I think that I would go with the lime green.... But if you are really unsure bring it to club in February and I am sure they will be able to help....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies!

    I think you are both right... something from the middle. I think I am starting to lean towards the lime green idea. I think it would tie it in nicely.

    thanks
    Sylv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love your orange peel quilt. What about a stripe on the binding that has the inner colors and the dark as well? I always like to use binding that incorporates all the colors in my quilt if possible.
    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete