Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I got a new toy.....

Other than the weather, Sunday night offered another surprise- my new sewing machine arrived! It is a Brother PQ1500S; a straight stitch quilting machine. I got it from Big Sky Quilts in Great Falls, MT. Normally, I try to shop local but when there was an $700 difference (huge), I had to go with the one that fit in my budget.


 I just hope I have it threaded correctly... I am so worried I am going to break it. 


I also made a coffee coaster for a friend at work. I followed this great (free) tutorial from Ryan Walsh at "I'm Just a Guy Who Quilts". I love the cupcake fabrics...

AND I fixed the FAIL block.



Bye for now,
sylv's signature

6 comments:

  1. I'd comment on the machine if I knew anything about machines but since it is a Japanese brand I hope it meets your expectations. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that has a big throat (sp) on it... That is going to be so nice for quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome machine!! I bet you are loving it!! Thanks for the Blog Award. I will accept....I just have to wait for a quiet moment to post! Thanks again for thinking of me :)

    ReplyDelete