Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 2012!

Well, it's a brand new year and I can't believe 2012 is here already. I also can't believe my last post was in October! I feel kind of bad for not posting anything but to be honest, I burnt myself out with the bicycle quilt. I took two months off from sewing and I definitely needed it. After all the food, chocolates, champagne, wine, naps and relaxing over the holidays, I am finally ready to get back into it.

 I am *this close* to finishing the quilting on my friend's housewarming gift and should have more photos soon. Tonight, I just finished this  super quick and fun pain in the ass flower block. It had 49 appliqued berries! It wasn't too challenging just time consuming. I just have two more blocks to go, and I will be able to put mom & dad's quilt together. :)




sylv's signature

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back and I can relate to burn ourselves out. I think I did that before Christmas. Trying to get back into the sewing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Love your block, what pattern is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Years! It a Jan Patek- Favorite Things quilt. Here is a picture of it:

    http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af92/Pakowki/Quilting%202010/Momsquilt-1.jpg

    Hugs,
    Sylv

    ReplyDelete