Sunday, June 23, 2013

Weekend wrap-up


This weekend has been wonderfully productive. The batting that I ordered from Connecting Threads arrived Friday, and I was able to assemble and pin my Favorite Things (FT) quilt. I also had a small UFO lying around- a small table topper of blocks that I received through Quilting Block Swap Australia.  I prepped and free-motioned quilted it. I wanted to ensure that I had my quilting "legs" back for when I tackled the FT. I hadn't free-motioned quilted since 2011!

One of my favorite purchases in my stash was this jelly roll from Quiltique in Las Vegas. I cut up the strips into 2.5" squares (768 in total!) for a new 9-patch quilt that I will start once I am done quilting the FT. Most of the fabrics are Hope Valley by Free Spirit.

And I got the last block for my Mom & Me quilt done as well.

UFO- pinned and ready to go 
Lots of cutting...

Last block :)


sylv's signature

No comments:

Post a Comment