Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My first design - the Tulip Topper

A couple months back, I decided to try my hand at designing my own applique pattern. I am not the best at drawing but I came up with these cute little tulips. I think a table topper is the perfect size to start with. I used a pack of charms for the leaves and backgrounds. I used red and pink scraps, that I had lying around, for the flowers. Some of them don't look identical even though I cut them from the same template- I will just have to extra careful next time when assembling the pieces.  I was probably distracted by Downton Abbey on T.V. (this show is amazing by the way).

I was thinking that of a thin pinky-red inside border and then using the left over charms to make a 2" finished outer border.

Here is what I have so far:







sylv's signature

1 comment: