Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Shopping Day

Today, I had the afternoon off from work and dropped in to my favorite LQS, Traditional Pastimes. I freaking love this place! It is so cutesy and warm. Bernadette always makes you feel welcome, no matter your quilting experience or age.

(store front from TP's website)

I was also treated to a unexpected but super cool surprise. Peggy Brown, a fabric designer, was also in the store. She designed one of the latest fabric lines for Newcastle Fabrics, called Julia's Notes. I even picked up a few long quarters of her beautiful fabric. And she was even kind of enough to let me take a photo of her cutting the fabric.


Julia's Notes fabric

Miss Peggy in action! 

This brown floral is my favorite!




A few other goodies that I picked up. How cute is this owl pattern???

Over the weekend, I went home to the farm to visit my parents. Mom and I spent our Sunday having a few vodka-cokes and working on our latest projects while Dad was out welding.
  
I added two borders. I think the purple makes it really pop. 

Charlie kept us company!

A late afternoon view out over the front yard. 

sylv's signature

No comments:

Post a Comment