Saturday, February 15, 2014

I love long weekends...

...especially, a 4 day long weekend! Yesterday, was super lovely. My boyfriend definitely spoiled me! He took me to a movie, then for supper at a nice tapas restaurant and gave me flowers, chocolates (OMG the sea salt chocolate caramels are to DIE for) and a beautiful pearl bracelet. Don't worry, I got lots of goodies for him too. I got him dark chocolate from Purdy's, a box of speciality beef jerky from a local producer, a remote control helicopter (he is definitely techie and loves these kinds of things) along with a coupon saying I would make him homemade raspberry chocolate scones. *currently in the midst of baking right now*. What was really cute and funny is that we bought each other, without knowing, matching Valentine's Day cards. What are the odds?


I love these. 

This week I also popped into the LQS. I had every intention of just purchasing thread but instead spent $130 on this super adorable Bark & Branch by Eloise Renouf for Cloud 9 Fabrics. I bought all the background and border fabric to make a simple lap quilt- something similar to the Yellow Brick Road quilt pattern.


Well I better get ready for bed. We have a 7 km run early tomorrow morning. :) It's going to be a long four months until the half marathon in June. I am just glad it warmed up... -5 isn't to too bad. 


sylv's signature

No comments:

Post a Comment