Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Sew In

It's chilly again outside so what a better day to stay in and sew. I am also on the mend from a bad stomach bug over the weekend as well.

Yesterday, my running group went snowshoeing in the mountains. We drove West of Calgary into Kananaskis Country. We parked near the Mt. Engadine Lodge and hiked up from there. When I say up, I mean, like WAY UP.   It was a brisk -15 deg C but it was super sunny. It was a beautiful hike, aside from  me coming down with the flu mid way up. The best part of the hike was the Whiskey Jacks at the top near Rummel Lake. They were adorable and would eat trail mix out of your hand. I didn't think I was going to make the last 5 km on the way back- it was rough.  Luckily, we stopped in at the lodge for afternoon tea and brunch. In my case, ginger ale and crackers!

The beautiful view 

The view!

Made it to Rummel Lake

Whiskey Jack (or Gray Jay)
I can't wait to pick out the border for the following quilt top. I am thinking a dark purple-plum or dark blue would really make it "pop". Or maybe even a white border???


Tomorrow, I will post give-away contest! :)



sylv's signature

1 comment: