Saturday, March 1, 2014

Staying in today!

I woke up this morning to a temperature of -43 degrees (with the wind chill) and decided it is a perfect day to stay in and quilt. I am also thinking that fresh baked scones and bread may be in order too.

I finished my nine-patch, washed it and attached a quilting label. Usually, I go for a boring old square label but I made a heart shaped one instead. Gotta shake things up now and then ;)

(complete with toes peeking out)

the patchy back


quilt label

 My boyfriend also got into my sewing supplies. It makes me laugh every time I look at this. ha ha


I just got the inner portion of the JP "Mom & Me" quilt together. What a nightmare to get the blocks to fit nicely. I ended up having to do a mild patch job at the end so there wasn't a huge gap on the right hand side of the flying geese block (2nd from bottom right). Hopefully, it isn't too noticeable.

In true Canadian fashion, I am not going to let a little cold weather stop me from going out to my LQS to get some border fabric. (I did go for a run yesterday and it was -30). I am leaning towards possibly a blue border or maybe a green.



sylv's signature

1 comment:

  1. Love both quilts!! Your nine patch is so fun...love the heart shaped label idea!!

    ReplyDelete