Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Big 3-0 Birthday

Yesterday was my 30th birthday! I know, I know, I am still a young pup but it feels like yesterday that I started university, graduated university, started my first big job downtown etc. It is crazy how time does fly by. That being said, I had the BEST birthday. It was chalked full of great food drinks and all my best family and friends. I was definitely spoiled in the gift department (diamond earrings from my bf!!!). Mom and Dad got me some adorable fabric and my friend gave me a quilt shop gift card. That card lasted a whole 24 hours. "Hello, fatquartershop.com!".

Mom got me this super adorable layer cake by Sandy Gervais for Moda called Table for Two.


I plan on making this layer cake friendly pattern called Bella Notte. I will use the layer cake to make the stars.



I ordered this fabric for the neutral background, the binding and backing from FQS (in order):







sylv's signature

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you, what is it about milestone birthdays that make us suddenly feel older, I hope you had a wonderful day and look forward to seeing the quilt that you make from the layer cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Looking forward to seeing your quilt. It will be very special as it is made from Birthday Fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, ladies! I appreciate it. Hope you are both having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete